How To Add Your Own Ringtones On Android And Ios
What's a great phone without individual and personalized ringtones? Boring! Let us show you how to make custom ringtones from scratch - no matter if you are an Android or IOS User. Here's what you need to know about each of these methods to get a new ringtone on Android and iOS devices:
How To Add Your Own Ringtones On Android And iOS
If you want to use cool new ringtone on your phone, there are a lot of different methods to choose from. We'll introduce you to the best and easiest options both for IOS and Android.
Whether you want to create a ringtone out of your favorite song, a soundtrack from a new TV show, a voice memo, or anything else, we got you covered.
In general, you can use your PC/Mac to create a ringtone file, and transfer it to your mobile afterwards. Or you can also make your ringtones using an app.
As IOS User you can create ringtones using the following steps:
- Open Itunes and make sure that you're using the latest version. If not, just make a quick Update.
- Pick a Song, Sound Effect or Voice memo from your library - remember that ringtones on Iphone are never longer than 30 seconds.
- Right click the song and choose "Song Info" in the drop down menu.
- Click on "Options" and choose the beginning and the end of your file
- Now move to the Menu "File" and go to "Convert", then select "Create AAC Version"
- Find the new file in your Finder of your Mac or the Windows Explorer if you use ITunes on a PC.
- Rename the file extension manually from .m4a to .m4r (This is the extension that the Iphone uses for ringtones) and confirm
- Finally, connect your Iphone via USB and drag the .m4r file from your desktop onto your IPhone in ITunes. It will show up under Tones. You can disconnect your phone now.
- In your IPhone Settings select Sounds & Haptics, then go to Ringtones, Text Tone or Alarms to find your new, customized Ringtone in the menu. Select it, and get jealous looks from your friends, the next time your phone rings.
Here's the approach for Android Users:
- Pick a Song you like and shorten it with an Audio Player of your Choice. Like Audacity for example.
- When the file is shortened, connect your phone via usb and open your device's storage. Windows Users will find the Device in the Explorer/My Computer Tab, Mac Users will find the Phone in the Finder/ Desktop.
- Once found, open the "Ringtones" Folder of your device and copy your Ringtones into the folder. You can disconnect your phone now.
- Open your phone Settings and select "Sound", where you'll find your new custom ringtones.
If you don't have access to a desktop or want to make a new ringtone on your device, you can choose from a lot of apps, that will guide you through the process. Not all of them are free, but it is one of the quickest and easiest options.
Here are a few Recommendations for IPhone Users:
- Zedge Ringtone
- Ringtone Maker
- Ringtone Converter
And for Android Users:
- Ringtone Maker
Have fun with your new, favorite ringtones. When your friends will hear how cool they sound it might lead to neverending calls from your buddies, until you have to switch your phone to silent mode.